I grew up in my Father's jewelry company ( you can read my story in my About Us page) and was around sparkly diamonds all the time. I guess that makes me the sparkling girl expert...LOL...just kidding.
So having said that...have you ever been to a Schwarovski Store? I had the pleasure to visit the Biggest Europe Outlet Mall in Romania when I visited my brother last year in Romania. I was blown away by the brightness in the store.
Here at Lexi Butler Designs, I use original authentic Austrian Swarovski Crystals for my handmade artisan jewelry. Together with 14 kt gold-filled wire, sterling silver wire and sheeting, copper, real gemstones and seed beads, which leads to high quality, super sparkly long-lasting handmade jewelry.
Just look at this bead-woven crystal sparkle on our new tassel necklaces. Swarovski Crystals are uniform in shape and are great for geometrical structures like with this Swarovski Crystal barrel pendant.
However... how can one really tell that there is a real Swarovski crystal on that ring? Don't just be blown away by the dazzle and beauty of these rings, but know what you investing your money in.
AS SEEN ON Big Screen Movie Youth Sensation Asia Monet Ray thought our Swarovski Crystal Button Rings were pretty spectacular at the 2016 Emmy Celebrity Lounge in Beverly Hills.
The Swarovski crystals are man-made gems manufactured in Austria. In 1892, Daniel Swarovski invented the machine for making precision-cut, beautiful, super high-quality leaded glass crystals using quartz, sand, and minerals. The exact proportions of these raw materials have remained a company secret. Otherwise, everyone would be selling these beautiful crystals.
NOW HOW DO YOU EXACTLY KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BOUGHT JEWELRY WITH REAL AUTHENTIC SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS
Check out our Living Coral Sterling Silver Cluster Earrings
Here are some bulletproof tips:
- When you look inside the crystal, you will see no bubbles. If you see any bubbles, you know immediately that it is a fake. Because of its special leaded glass compounds, Swarovski crystal will out-sparkle any bead of lesser quality when placed in a side-by-side comparison.
- Each Swarovski is made with a special machine designed by you know who to give each beautiful leaded crystal their precise cut.
- Each Swarovski crystals is perfectly uniform. They are machine cut, so each crystal is the same. The height, width and the slope is consistent with each crystal. There are many imitations out there and hand polished crystal imitation bead will not have the uniform cut. The schooled eye also notice different dimensions from bead to bead.
- Swarovski uses machinery that precisely cuts each crystal. That means that each crystal is the exact same size which allows the artist like myself to do precise work. To cut a hundred identical facets in several directions into hard materials like a crystal or gem is a very complicated task. The different directions of the reflected light must first be calculated by a complex computer program, which then has to be simulated in 3D and optimized for perfection. This is just a small part of the technology behind the creation that gives Swarovski crystals their unbelievable flash.
- The precision cutting of Swarovski machinery allows each crystal to have its facet juncture "pointing up." This means the facet junctures all meet at precisely the same point. This is a similar aspect of diamond faceting. See the picture above.
- Swarovski has a unique name for each of the fabricated colored crystals. Therefore twice a year Swarovski publishes new Color Charts. Like a dark purple Swarovski crystal is called " Purple velvet". The name pertains to the color, not to the shape. For instance, they are cube purple velvet crystals, round, drop shape and so on. Every year also Swarovski comes out with new colors and shapes. These are called Swarovski Innovations.
- All Swarovski Crystals are safe. It's understandable that you could have a fear about the lead oxide within crystals. Fortunately, lead oxide is completely safe to wear in crystal jewelry. However, we do not suggest that you ingest your crystals for this reason! "Advanced Crystal" is the term used by Swarovski to indicate that their crystals are now lead-free. Swarovski crystals are now considered to be "Lead-Free", as it contains .009% (90ppm) of lead or less.
- The price of the Jewelry that is made with authentic Swarovski Crystals is, therefore, a bit more expensive and should be because these crystals are not only
You can be assured that Lexi Butler Designs only offers Handcrafted Jewelry with the authentic Swarovski Crystal, we all love so much including myself. So take a gander and look around on our website for so exquisite longlasting pieces of jewelry!